> Overview
> Design: newbuild
> Design: extensions
> & refurbishment

> Project management
> Pre-design advice
> Feasibility studies
> Architect in the House
> Services & Fees
> Licensing Act 2003


Licensing Act 2003 - Advice at a glance
Under previous legislation anyone wishing to serve alcohol or to use their building for purposes such as singing or dancing had to obtain a licence from local Magistrates and become the "licencee". Under NEW LEGISLATION the Local Authority is required to licence the PREMISES where those activities take place - be it a pub, restaurant, hotel or village hall etc.

The Local Authority require a plan of the premises drawn to standard scale and showing the extent of the boundary of the building; its location; fixed structures; all points of access and escape; and the location and type of any fire safety and similar equipment etc.

JPA can produce such plans and make submissions to the Local Authority on behalf of building owners. Our fees for preparing a set of drawings may be as low as £250.00 + VAT. depending on the nature and complexity of your building and whether or not you have any accurate record drawings.

If you would like more information or wish us to prepare a submission for you, contact us on
0191 281 8393 or by e-mail.

to top
tel 01661 853345 | Unit 2 | Bewick House | Horsley Business Centre | Horsley | Northumberland | NE15 0NY | architects@johnpotterarchitect.com

©2011 John Potter Architect Limited